Farrah Abraham Slams Amber Portwood’s ‘Teen Mom OG’ Exit, Says Costar Won’t Walk Away from the Money or Attention


No love lost. Farrah Abraham slammed her Teen Mom OG costar Amber Portwood’s announcement that she’s leaving the hit MTV series, saying she won’t really walk away from the money and fame, in a statement to Us Weekly on Friday, December 16.

“I’m out of the drama. None of the girls will quit — they like the attention, need the money and their boyfriends need the money too much to quit,” the 25-year-old reality star told Us. “I get Amber is embarrassed of her actions, but she flip-flops and will be right back to filming. This is dramatic. She can quit and not make it public if she really was done.”

On Thursday, December 15, Portwood announced via Instagram that she’s finished with the show after almost coming to blows with Abraham during the reunion show. “I’ll be leaving #teenmomog sadly,” she captioned an image of the four stars. “The lack of respect is too much anymore! But still sending all my love!” She later shared a quote via Instagram which read: “You can’t force a person to show you respect but you can refuse to be disrespected.”

Teen Mom
Maci Bookout, Amber Portwood, Farrah Abraham and Catelynn Lowell (from left) of ‘Teen Mom’. MTV

The 26-year-old also expanded on her decision with a few comments on Twitter. “Sad to say but I’m not going to be a part of #Teenmomog,” she wrote. “The way I have been portrayed and treated is unfair. @MTV sending all my love.”

“If I was treated fairly it wouldn’t be an issue but it’s been nothing but disrespect since the reunion show,” she continued. “Which keeps continuing today. Nothing has been dealt with or has made me feel any safer to even move on with people who have continuously hidden things from the network. The day I’m shown some respect by the people I’ve worked with for 8 years is the day I’ll be back. I’ve sacrificed a lot for this show. @MTV.”

Farrah Abraham and Amber Portwood
Farrah Abraham and Amber Portwood attend The 2015 MTV Movie Awards. Michael Buckner/Getty Images

Portwood’s announcement comes hot on the heels of an explosive, televised fight between her and Abraham during the show’s reunion special. During the show, Abraham suggested that Portwood’s fiancé, Matt Baier, looked like a pedophile, which set Portwood off. (Abraham’s boyfriend Simon had previously called Baier a pedophile back in October.)

The angry Teen Mom stormed the stage and attacked Abraham, causing Abraham’s father, Michael, to rush the stage as well in defense of his daughter. The following day, Abraham told Us that she considered Portwood’s actions to be “criminal.”

“I didn’t have to attend the rest of the reunion or specials [because of what I consider Amber’s] criminal behavior,” the My Teenage Dream Ended author told Us. “MTV legal has said I no longer will ever have to work with or around Maci, Catelynn or Amber.”

Abraham has also had falling outs with costars Catelynn Lowell and Maci Bookout. Lowell, 24, Bookout, 25 and Portwood staged a walkout off the set in protest of MTV’s seemingly favorable treatment of Abraham during the taping.

For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!