Hollywood and fans alike are grieving the passing of Joan Rivers, who died on Thursday, Sept. 4, at the age of 81. Back in Dec. 2011, the comic legend shared 25 fun facts about herself with Us Weekly — including her family memories with daughter Melissa and grandson Cooper, her thoughts on aging, her showbiz memories and much more. Read on.
1. I recycle outfits like crazy.
2. My first car ran on biofuel in the days before the horse pulled the buggy.
3. I have a week every year when I get to do whatever I want with my grandson, Cooper. We've been to dude ranches, swimming with sharks and bungee jumping.
4. If I weren't in show business, I would be an anthropologist.
5. I collect china. If you come to my house, you'll never eat off the same pattern.
6. I am a rotten cook, but I make a great omelet.
7. I love to travel.
8. I love thrift stores.
9. Age doesn't bother me at all. But I wouldn't want to be a day older.
10. I try to walk 3 miles every day, even if it's at an airport.
11. Winning Celebrity Apprentice was one of the best things that happened to me that day.
12. If I could change one thing about my appearance…too late. I've already done it!
13. My last meal would be everything Italian — lasagna, noodles, cheeses, cannolis.
14. I started plastic surgery young, when I was 31.
15. My big charity now is Guide Dogs for the Blind. But they're always naming dogs after me!
16. My worst job was working with polygamists. All they wanted were "take my wives" jokes.
17. I'd love to go on a date with Evel Knievel's brother, Good Knievel.
18. I have so many books around my bed, it looks like a fort.
19. I'm always on a diet.
20. I was Phi Beta Kappa, which you get from doing more gooder on tests!
21. I am a terrible procrastinator.
22. My five dogs are all rescues.
23. I've been in the biz 46 years and never worked on an unhappy set!
24. I'm not a picky eater. If I were in the Donner party, I would ask for seconds.
25. I was a great mother to Melissa, 46. Past tense, because she won't listen to me now!
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!