Singing isn’t Jordin Sparks’ only favorite hobby! The season 6 American Idol winner, 30, exclusively tells Us Weekly that she also loves spending her time traveling, reading, baking and being a mom to her 2-year-old son, Dana Jr. Want to know more? Watch the video above — and scroll down! — to learn 25 things you might have not known about Sparks.
1. I’ve been vegan for almost three years. [Watching] What the Health pretty much did it for me.
2. I can do a mean Australian accent.
3. I love ’80s music! I grew up [with] it. When I went back to American Idol to perform “I Am Woman” [in 2011], I couldn’t resist going over to [then-judge] Steven Tyler and planting a kiss on him!
4. My favorite singer is Nat King Cole. There is no one that can top that [voice].
5. I have tattoos. I don’t show them off, but they’re numerous.
6. My secret crush [is] my husband, [Dana Isaiah]. I don’t need to look anywhere else!
7. We were introduced by our moms in a group text.
8. I was almost a Christmas baby. It must be [why] it’s my favorite holiday!
9. My favorite song is whatever my son, DJ, decides to sing. There isn’t a sound more pure than the sweet voice of a child.
10. I’m a water park addict! My favorite so far is the brand-new Kalahari Resorts in Round Rock, Texas. They picked me to be on their Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade float this year to sing a song off my new Christmas album.
11. I have traveled all over the world but there is nothing like the kindheartedness and warmth of the people of Africa.
12. My guilty pleasure is [watching] Love Island.
13. My dad, [Phillippi Sparks], played for the New York Giants and the Dallas Cowboys when I was growing up. In turn, I love sports.
14. I am very competitive. If I do something, I want to do it to the best of my abilities.
15. I adored Whitney Houston! Her last song “Celebrate” [from our 2012 film, Sparkle] was a duet with me. How crazy is that? I miss you, Mama Whitney!
16. I am definitely a high-low kind of gal. You will find that some of my best red carpet looks include a skirt from Walmart along with my favorite Jimmy Choos.
17. I love to read and get lost in a good book. You can live so many lifetimes and go so many places when you read!
18. I’m really into vision boards. I believe it’s a great way to remind yourself of what you want.
19. I have a fear of dark water. I don’t mind swimming in clear waters [though]!
20. I ran a marathon that I never trained for. It took me almost eight hours, but I crossed that finish line! I couldn’t walk for two days.
21. I made my Broadway debut in Lin-Manuel Miranda’s In the Heights [in 2010]. It still stands as one of the best times of my life.
22. I love to bake. I even have a baking show called Heart of the Batter now on Cleo TV.
23. I am the most starstruck around Mariah Carey — she is my queen!
24. I am a thrill seeker! I even got to fly with the U.S.A.F. Thunderbirds.
Sign up for Us Weekly's free, daily newsletter and never miss breaking news or exclusive stories about your favorite celebrities, TV shows and more!
25. My secret wish is to be a Disney princess!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!