Kelly Preston, who stars in the Gotti biopic alongside husband John Travolta, retells her own life story for Us. Read on to learn 25 things about the actress.
1. I put peanut M&M’s in my buttered popcorn at the movies.
2. When I was 17, I did a chocolate commercial for Japan with “the Japanese John Travolta.”
3. I later married the actual John Travolta.
4. I was a tomboy as a kid and loved to climb trees … I still do.
5. My children Ella, 18, and Ben, 7, are two of the smartest and funniest people I know.
6. I’ve had a couple of close encounters with sharks … I no longer swim in the ocean after 5 P.M.
7. When I was 5 years old, I lived in Iraq for a year.
8. I got lost in Beirut when I was young and fortunately ran into a woman from the American Embassy who took me back to our hotel.
9. I sometimes make my husband play his characters for me. Bud from Urban Cowboy is one of my favorites.
10. It’s the greatest thing being married to a jet pilot. Once after Thanksgiving dinner, Johnny whisked us all away to Mexico.
11. I met actor Jack Lord in a supermarket and later starred with him in Hawaii Five-O.
12. I haven’t had a sip of alcohol in 15 years. #LifeIsFunEnough
13. I love dancing with my husband. He’s said I am the best dancer he’s partnered with. He better have said that.
14. Victoria Gotti (Sr.) is strong, funny and brutally honest. We both call each other Tomato. She’s No. 1 and I’m No. 2.
15. I gave birth to my youngest child at 48.
16. I was born in Hawaii. I’m part Hawaiian, and I can hula.
17. When I was 14, my mom took my brother and me to live in Adelaide, Australia.
18. When I was 17, I rolled a car on Ulupalakua Road playing Starsky and Hutch with my girlfriend. We narrowly missed going over a cliff. Not my finest hour.
19. Barack Obama and I went to Punahou School together. He’s told me he had seen me around campus.
20. My first official job was at Burger King. “Would you like fries with that?”
21. I feel lucky to have known Nelson Mandela.
22. I used to be a gymnast. The last time I did a cartwheel, I saw stars.
23. I was pulled out of gym class in high school for a screen test for Blue Lagoon.
24. My favorite beauty products are from my organic anti-aging skincare line, Breathe, which will be available soon.
25. My parents gave me advice that I love: Do what you love and always do your best.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!