The Keeping Up With the Kardashians star, 35, was previously following 121 accounts, but she scaled back to follow just 108. She has been completely silent on all her social media accounts since the scary incident on October 3.
It seems the Selfish author may be reevaluating her social media strategy going forward. “This incident was a completely life-changing event for Kim,” an insider previously told Us Weekly. “She realizes she was living in a bubble doing what she was doing. She loved flaunting her wealth and being so public. She felt safe and never really thought about her vulnerability. Now she knows she was so naive. Everything has to change going forward.”
As previously reported, Kardashian showed off her massive 20-carat diamond ring from her husband, Kanye West, on Instagram on September 29. Just a few days later, five armed men disguised as policemen broke into her apartment at the Hôtel de Pourtalès. She was held at gunpoint, gagged, bound and left in a bathroom while the thieves made off with an estimated $10 million worth of jewelry, including her new, upgraded engagement ring. At the time, Kardashian’s rep told Us Weekly that she was “badly shaken but physically unharmed.”
While the video game mogul has yet to speak out publicly on the incident, her sister Khloé Kardashian said that she’s struggling emotionally after the ordeal. “She’s not doing that well. It’s incredibly traumatic, what happened to her, but our family is superclose and great and we’ll get through it together,” she said on The Ellen DeGeneres Show October 11.
Kim has been lying low and has canceled her upcoming public appearances, including a scheduled belated birthday celebration in Las Vegas. “Given recent circumstances, Kim Kardashian will be unable to make her previously scheduled appearance at Hakkasan Las Vegas Nightclub on Friday, October 28,” the venue’s rep told Us Weekly.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!