Getting to know her. On Sunday, October 30, the Sunday Express and Daily Star reported that Prince Harry has been getting close with American actress Meghan Markle, sparking plenty of Google searches worldwide.
According to the U.K. publications, the pair first connected when he was in Toronto at the beginning of May to launch the 2017 Invictus Games. (Markle, 35, spends much of her time in the Canadian city, where her USA Network series, Suits, is filmed.)
Fans have noted that since then, she began following his private social media account at the end of June, and both have been photographed wearing a look-alike bracelet, sparking speculation that Harry, 32, may have given her the blue beaded band as a token of his affection.
Here, Us Weekly has rounded up five fast facts to know about the young royal’s rumored paramour.
1. She stumbled into acting accidentally. Markle, who is best known for her role in legal drama Suits, was discovered when a friend gave a manager a copy of her film from college to review. She got her big break with a role on General Hospital in 2002 and built up a résumé of smaller roles until she landed the part of Rachel Zane on Suits in 2011.
2. She is of mixed heritage. Markle was born to an African American mother and a father of Dutch and Irish descent.
3. She has been married before. Markle tied the knot with production-company owner Trevor Engelson in September 2011 after dating since 2004, but the pair called it quits on their marriage in May 2013.
4. She has a love for food and all things digital. In addition to her main career as an actress, Markle also enjoys discovering and writing about new foods, fashion trends and lifestyle tidbits on her site, The Tig. There, she chats with influential celebrities, such as Priyanka Chopra and Serena Williams, and shares her favorite recipes.
5. She’s interested in foreign relations. Markle currently does humanitarian work with United Nations Women and has previously expressed interest in eventually returning to school for a master’s in international diplomacy.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!