“Fight Song” singer Rachel Platten, whose debut album, Wildfire, is out Jan. 1, took some time ahead of her upcoming Wildfire Tour to share 25 fun facts about herself with Us Weekly.
1. I can beatbox. Well, sort of. I have one beat that I can do, but people get fooled.
2. I used to freestyle rap with my guy friends in high school.
3. I love playing sports. I'm overly eager and aggressive and not very skilled so it leads to many small injuries.
4. I have a small scar on my right butt cheek from such an incident (playing soccer with boys in the Circo Massimo in Rome). My mom was super bummed. Oh, pun!!
5. I'd rather be wearing sweatpants. All the time.
6. I meditate daily.
7. I work extremely hard to stay positive and happy. But I get sad and anxious too just like everyone.
8. My mom is a therapist and my dad has a doctorate in psychology, and growing up I felt VERY UNDERSTOOD.
9. I was sort of vegan for a while and then I crashed, and now I eat bacon way too much but oh man, bacon is so good.
10. My band is like my second family. They are the most fun people on the planet.
11. I'm married to an amazing man, we've been together for 10 years, and he's a huge reason why I kept believing in my dreams.
12. I was in a Prince and Sly and the Family Stone cover band. We played from 1 to 4 a.m. in Greenwich Village, and it was awesome.
13. My first real concert was in Trinidad singing backup at the International Soca Monarch finals to 80,000 people.
14. I am allergic to grass. Not highly, but enough to be embarrassing.
15. I love reading, but I have to be careful to not start good books at night or I'll stay up all night to finish them.
16. I'm terrified of scary movies and even scary movie commercials.
17. I do yoga, and I'm very bendy.
18. I can waterski! And paint! And ski very fast! Oh, also I am a show-off.
19. I love my girlfriends so, so much. I have great ones.
20. I was the director of my a cappella group in college, it was aca-mazing. Had to.
21. I have a puppy we rescued named Dino. He is a very good boy.
22. My sister is my best friend. Her name is Melanie, and she can also sing beautifully and I'm constantly trying to get her to come on tour with me. Maybe this article will help!
23. I f–king love playing board games with a fire in the background at a ski house in Vermont.
24. I drink single malt whiskey like a boss.
25. I have the cutest grandmother ever. Her name is Nana. She is 92, and she is a big fan of my music.
Sign up for Us Weekly's free, daily newsletter and never miss breaking news or exclusive stories about your favorite celebrities, TV shows and more!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!