Native New Yorker Rosario Dawson lets Us behind the scenes of her life. Read on to learn 25 things about the actress.
1. My daughter [Lola, 15] and I are allergic to cats and dogs. I’ve compromised and we’re probably getting a fish.
2. My first jobs were babysitting and tutoring.
3. I just don’t have enough time to watch a lot of television. So, I stick with Sense8. I can’t wait for the next season.
4. When I’m naked, it’s awesome. But sometimes it gets really sweaty and I realize the materials on couches are just not that conducive to a bare bottom.
5. I love to dance in the dark at night by myself.
6. I love scuba diving and learning about our oceans.
7. If I hadn’t been an actress, I was thinking about being a marine biologist.
8. I have an upside-down beauty mark of a heart on my side belly area.
9. I’m obsessed with The Shade Room [on Instagram]. I went down the rabbit hole!
10 My favorite song is any song my mom [Isabel Celeste] has written. She wrote one for me.
11. My go-to karaoke song is Deee-Lite’s “Groove Is in the Heart.”
12. To relax on a day off, I meditate!
13. I was starstruck when I met Boy George. We took photos. This was pre-really good cell phones.
14. My favorite book is The Four Agreements [by Don Miguel Ruiz]. That’s always a good one to go back to.
15. I’m allergic to crustaceans as of, like, seven years ago. I regularly remind myself: “Remember that paella you didn’t eat when you were ‘vegan’ in Spain at 25? Yeah, that was a dumb move.”
16. I’m still in a group text with Tracie Thoms and Zoë Bell who I did [2007’s] Death Proof and [2013’s] Raze with.
17. I love Whoopi Goldberg. She is just amazing.
18. My worst personality trait is not asking for help.
19. I’m a superstrong person, but I’m also really sensitive.
20. “The journey is the destination” by Dan Eldon is my favorite quote. He was a young photojournalist stoned to death in Somalia [in 1993].
21. My favorite cocktail is a dirty martini just ’cause I really love olives.
22. I haven’t worked out for several years. I’m starting to feel it. [Lola] will challenge me to do splits. Then I’ll get up and I’m like, “I’m not gonna do that again.”
23. In high school, I was a straight-A student, but I was also someone who rolled out of bed last minute.
24. I need good makeup wipes because I’ll rub my eye in the middle of the night and wake up with a black eye!
25. I’m really loving the call-out culture and I look forward to seeing more people use their platforms.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!