A long way to go. Whoopi Goldberg and Kevin Hart are set to present at the 2016 Oscars on February 28, despite the drama surrounding the awards show.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced on Thursday, January 28, that Goldberg and Hart, as well as Benicio del Toro, The Weeknd, Pharrell Williams, Tina Fey, Ryan Gosling, Lady Gaga, Sam Smith, Charlize Theron and Jacob Tremblay will present at the Chris Rock–hosted ceremony.
"Each of these artists brings a wonderfully distinctive element to the Oscars stage," producers David Hill and Reginald Hudlin said in a statement. "Together they represent the many thrilling ways stories can be shared about the human experience, and we're honored they will be part of the celebration."
The Academy faced backlash after the all-white list of acting nominees was announced earlier this month. Jada Pinkett Smith was first to boycott the awards show, with stars such as Spike Lee announcing that they also will not be attending the event.
Presenter Goldberg also weighed in on the debate, but denounced the idea of boycotting the awards show.
"Boycotting doesn't work, and it's also a slap in the face to Chris Rock," she said on The View. "I find that also wrong. So I'm not going to boycott, but I'm going to continue to bitch, as I have, all year round, because I'm tired of seeing movies where no one is represented except a bit of the population."
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has since pledged to double its minority membership by 2020.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!