25 Things You Don't Know About American Idol's Top 3
And then there were three!
As American Idol's Haley Reinhart, Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina learn which two singers will make it to next week's finale Thursday, Us Weekly caught up with the finalists for our 25 Things You Don't Know About Me feature. Read on to find out which contestant has a thing for Egyptian cotton sheets, which of the girls is boy-crazy, and which singer can say they're a hula-hoop champ.
1. I've written poetry since I was 8 and have even competed in poetry slams.
2. Helping people is one of my callings. I'm keen on advice and comforting!
3. My German shepherd-husky, Jango, is named after the famous jazz guitarist.
4. I love floral, vintage and funky patterns.
5. My folks have been in the band Midnight for more than 30 years. That's how they met.
6. I write my own songs.
7. I feel like I should have been a teen in the '60s, born in 1945.
8. I grew up on Mexican food. Favorites: carne aside and guacamole.
9. Improv is a passion.
10. I'll try any kind of food. I like to experiment.
11. I'm a big White Sox fan.
12. I'm a hula-hoop champ.
13. I believe in the supernatural.
14. I love milk.
15. My favorite color is deep red.
16. I'm not too hip on technology.
17. People say I have an old soul.
18. I need sunshine in my life and sweet romance.
19. My favorite movie since I was a kid is Now and Then.
20. One day I hope to own a spider monkey.
21. My little sis, Angela, is 15 but looks older than me.
22. I've sung in Switzerland and Italy.
23. I found my love for jazz in a high school vocal group, Midnight Blues.
24. I'm Italian, German and Irish.
25. I've done plays, musicals and skits all my life.
1. I've played baseball since I was 5 years old.
2. My voice was pretty high until I was 13 or 14.
3. The first concert I went to was James Taylor.
4. Bacon cheeseburgers with lettuce and tomato. No onion, please.
5. I played soccer for one year. I was bad.
6. My dad went to North Carolina State and my mom UNC. We have a split family!
7. I do love a good Bo-Berry Biscuit from Bojangles'.
8. Every Sunday after church, my family goes out for Mexican.
9. My policy was "short hair, don't care" until I grew it out for Idol.
10. I don't like to put a lid on cups I drink out of. No straw, either.
11. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
12. My first job was at a car shop, changing oil and tires.
13. I drink coffee every morning before school.
14. The only Southern food I don't like is grits.
15. I love my Egyptian cotton bedsheets.
16. I've been to 11 MLB games.
17. I'm addicted to cookies.
18. I love looking at the stars in the night sky.
19. I used to have bangs covering my whole forehead.
20. I've lived in six different places in the last four months.
21. My favorite cereals are Lucky Charms and Cap'n Crunch!
22. My youth praise band was called Audience of One.
23. I'm a huge New England fan: Red Sox, Patriots and Celtics. I still love my Carolina Hurricanes, though.
24. I love broccoli…with cheese.
25. My name was going to be Evan, but my parents decided to call me Scotty on the way to the hospital.
1. I have a turtle named Squirt.
2. I sleep with my head under the covers.
3. I love children.
4. I was a huge tomboy growing up.
5. My favorite dessert is Cheesecake!
6. I have the best older brother [Tyler, 17] any girl could ask for.
7. I don't like people to sit on my bed after it's made.
8. Before American Idol I was a varsity cheerleader.
9. I can cross one eye at a time.
10. I like taking pictures while making crazy faces.
11. I don't like odd numbers.
12. In college football, I pull for Alabama.
13. I love being outdoors fishing!
14. I make really good grades.
15. I'm boy crazy.
16. I always lose my phone.
17. I have a godson and goddaughter.
18. I love scary movies like The Crazies and The Messengers.
19. Sweats are my favorite outfit.
20. I change my hair color a lot!
21. My favorite color is baby blue.
22. I'm extremely superstitious.
23. I like to prove my point.
24. I love pizza but I only eat the toppings.
25. I have a special calling and would like to work with children with special needs.
The final American Idol performance show airs on Fox May 24 at 8 p.m., with the winner announced May 25, also at 8.