Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Talks Feud With ‘Fast 8’ Costar Vin Diesel: ‘I Was Very Clear With What I Said’

No regrets here! Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson opened up about his heavily publicized feud with Fast 8 costar Vin Diesel in a new interview with The Los Angeles Times.

“I was very clear with what I said. I’ve been in the game a long time,” Johnson, 44, explained to the newspaper on Saturday, November 19. “Would Universal [Pictures] have preferred that didn’t happen? Sure, we talked about it. The irony is after that, and as they do their tracking and all their analysis, the interest [in Fast 8] shot through the roof to a whole other level.”

Dwayne
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and Vin Diesel Frank Trapper/Corbis via Getty Images; Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images

As previously reported, the former WWE champ shared a cryptic Instagram post in August, slamming several of his male Fast 8 costars as unprofessional “candy asses.” Days later, TMZ reported that Johnson’s rant was about Diesel, 49, with whom he reportedly had a secret meeting in Atlanta to discuss the on-set drama.

The Chronicles of Riddick actor later teased his response to the feud, telling his Instagram followers on August 10: “So much has gone on this year. I can’t believe I wrapped two back-to-back pictures I both starred in and produced. Now I get to return to my family, my life … To me. … So give me a second, and I will tell you everything. Everything.”

A week later, Diesel praised Johnson in a Facebook Live video, saying that his longtime costar “shined” as Luke Hobbs in the Fast and the Furious film franchise.

Fast 8 hits theaters on April 14, 2017.

For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!