Kim Kardashian Reveals Family’s Viewing Plans for Bruce Jenner Interview: How the Girls Are Handling the Spotlight

Kim on Bruce interview
Kim Kardashian told Us Weekly and other reporters about the family's viewing plans for the Bruce Jenner interview with Diane Sawyer on Friday, April 24; plus, get the exclusive scoop on how Kendall and Kylie are handling everything. Inset: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for Variet

Just like Us, the Kardashian-Jenner family will be glued to their televisions when Bruce Jenner‘s sit-down interview with Diane Sawyer airs on Friday, April 24.

Kim Kardashian spoke to Us Weekly and other reporters at the Variety Power of Women Luncheon in NYC on Friday afternoon about the brood’s whereabouts come Friday evening.

PHOTOS: Bruce Jenner through the years

Read article

“We’re going to watch the special together as a family,” the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star told Us. “And that’s pretty much all I’ll say about that today. I’ll let the special come out and speak for itself.”

A source exclusively tells Us that Bruce himself will join Kim, Kourtney, Khloe, Kendall, Kylie, Kanye West, and Scott Disick for the special event. According to the insider, it remains unclear whether Rob Kardashian or Bruce’s ex-wife Kris Jenner will be joining the family’s viewing event.

PHOTOS: Kardashian Christmas cards through the years

Read article

“The girls know how much attention this interview is already getting,” the source tells Us, adding that it has been difficult for his teenage daughters Kylie and Kendall Jenner.

“Most family and friends feel the most compassion for Kylie and Kendall,” the insider explains. “Yeah, Bruce is going through a major life change, and good for him for finally being able to be who he has wanted to be, and for following his heart.”

As previously reported by Us, Jenner is transitioning from male to female — a revelation he is expected to announce during his 20/20 special come Friday.

PHOTOS: Celebs' coming out stories

Read article
Kim and Bruce
Kim Kardashian and Bruce Jenner step out in 2014. GONZALO/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images

“Any 17 and 19-year-old is not going to handle something like this well,” the source explains. “And especially in the public eye.” Family members generally have been supportive of the patriarch’s choice. Adds the source: “They are all getting used to it… and all acknowledge that he needed this.”

As detailed in the new issue of Us, Jenner is “very proud and excited” to reintroduce himself to society, according to one source. Meanwhile, teasers for the touted ABC News special show Jenner raising concerns about his family and moving forward in the public eye.

PHOTOS: Kardashian family album

Read article

“I hope I’m gonna be okay. I feel like I’m going to be okay,” Jenner told Sawyer in the final promo before the special airs. “2015 is going to be quite a ride. Quite a ride.”

Diane Sawyer‘s two-hour Bruce Jenner special airs Friday, April 24, at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.

For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!