Shortly before Kristen Stewart cheated on her boyfriend Robert Pattinson with her Snow White and the Huntsman director Rupert Sanders, she told Elle Magazine she wanted something bad to happen in her life.
“I can’t wait for something crazy to f—ing happen to me,” Stewart, 22, told Elle in June. “I want someone to f— me over!”
The actress released a heartfelt statement on Wednesday, saying, “I’m deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I’ve caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected. This momentary indiscretion has jeopardized the most important thing in my life, the person I love and respect the most, Rob. I love him, I love him, I’m so sorry.”
Sanders, 41, who is married to model Liberty Ross with two children aged 7 and 5, released his own statement to Us. “I am utterly distraught about the pain I have caused my family,” the English director said. “My beautiful wife and heavenly children are all I have in this world. I love them with all my heart. I am praying that we can get through this together.”
Here, Us takes a look back on Stewart’s most outrageous quotes regarding her views on relationships and life in the spotlight.
1. “You can learn so much from bad things. I feel boring. I feel like, Why is everything so easy for me? I can’t wait for something crazy to f—ing happen to me. Just life. I want someone to f— me over! Do you know what I mean?” — Elle Magazine, June 2012
2. “You can Google my name and one of the first things that comes up is images of me sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe with my ex-boyfriend and my dog. It was [taken] the day [Twilight] came out. I was no one. I was a kid. I had just turned 18. In [the tabloids] the next day it was like I was a delinquent slimy idiot, whereas I’m kind of a weirdo, creative Valley Girl who smokes pot. Big deal. But that changed my daily life instantly. I didn’t go out in my underwear anymore.” — Vanity Fair, July 2012
3. “It’s just one of those things. I’m selfish. I’m like, ‘That’s mine!’ And I like to keep whatever is mine remaining that way. It’s a funny little game to play and it’s a slippery slope. I always say to myself I’m never going to give anything away because there’s never any point or benefit for me.” – Stewart to British GQ in November 2011 on why she never talks about Pattinson.
4. “Good relationship advice for me tends to be being honest and knowing yourself. Don’t be an a–hole. That’s my advice. Don’t be mean. Don’t take sh–. Don’t settle.” — Glamour Magazine, November 2011
5. “I have a no-bulls–t detector, so I’d have to say Rob is. I think romance is anything honest. As long as it’s honest, it’s so disarming.” — Stewart to Harper’s Bazaar in November 2009 on whether she or Pattinson is more romantic
6. “I don’t want to be a movie star like Angelina Jolie. Nothing about being a celebrity is desirable. I’m an actor. It’s bizarre to me that everybody’s so obsessive.” — Blackbook Magazine, November 2009
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!