As previously reported, several women have recently come forward accusing the GOP presidential candidate, 70, of sexual misconduct. The new allegations surfaced just days after The Washington Post released a 2005 video of Trump bragging about groping women in a conversation with Billy Bush before an Access Hollywood interview.
"Stay tuned," Pence, 57, told Today's Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie on Friday morning. "There's more information coming forward." (The network has already suspended Bush, 45, for his participation in the past footage.)
Trump called all of the women's allegations "absolutely false" during a speech in West Palm Beach, Florida, on Thursday.
"Donald Trump yesterday categorically denied that these things happened, and I believe him," Pence said on Friday. "I think he was right to say that he was embarrassed about that, that he was in a private conversation. He said very clearly that it was just talk [and] that he regrets what he said 11 years ago [on the tape]."
Pence may be defending Trump now, but he made it clear last week that he doesn't support the GOP nominee's Access Hollywood comments. "As a husband and father, I was offended by the words and actions described by Donald Trump…" he said in a statement on Friday, October 7. "I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them. I am grateful that he has expressed remorse and apologized to the American people."
Two days later, during the second presidential debate against Hillary Clinton, Trump called the 2005 comments "locker-room banter." He also invited women who previously accused Bill Clinton of sexual assault to sit in the audience.
"The claims against Bill Clinton now for decades have been quite well-chronicled in books and history, they've been quite well-substantiated, and frankly, those women have gotten scant attention this year or in previous years from many in the mainstream media,'' Pence said on Today.
"My view is that those claims have largely been established through the record of history," he added. "The people need to know that these unsubstantiated allegations have been completely denied by Donald Trump."
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!