Robert De Niro is not with Donald Trump. The veteran actor spoke out against the Republican presidential candidate in a new video created for Get Out the Vote, a campaign that encourages Americans to perform their civic duty and head to the polls in November.
De Niro’s message didn’t make the final cut for the ad, but the explosive one-minute footage was obtained by Fox News and broadcast on The Kelly File on Friday, October 7.
“I mean, he’s so blatantly stupid,” the Academy Award winner, 73, said of Trump, 70, in the clip. “He’s a punk, he’s a dog, he’s a pig. He’s a con, a bulls‑‑t artist, a mutt. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about, doesn’t do his homework, doesn’t care, thinks he’s gaming society, doesn’t pay his taxes. He’s an idiot. Colin Powell said it best: He’s a national disaster. He’s an embarrassment to this country. It makes me so angry that this country has gotten to this point that this fool, this bozo, has wound up where he has.”
De Niro continued: “He talks [about] how he wants to punch people in the face. Well, I’d like to punch him in the face. This is somebody that we want for president? I don’t think so. What I care about is the direction of this country, and what I’m very, very worried about is that it might go in the wrong direction with someone like Donald Trump. If you care about your future, vote for it.”
Although it is unclear when the Goodfellas actor’s interview for the PSA was filmed, the video was released shortly after Trump made headlines for lewd comments he made about women in a newly surfaced video from 2005.
As Us Weekly previously reported, the real estate mogul was caught on a hot microphone bragging about kissing and groping women during a conversation with former Access Hollywood host Billy Bush more than a decade ago. In the outrageous audio, Trump says he “can do anything” because of his fame, including grabbing women “by the p‑‑sy.”
After the clip leaked online, several Republican politicians, including Paul Ryan, slammed the NSFW comments. Trump, however, told The Washington Post on Saturday, October 8, that he’d “never withdraw” from the 2016 presidential race, saying, “I can give you my word that I’m never leaving.”
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!