Nothing says summer like a heaping side of potato salad — and with Martha Stewart’s recipe, there’s no need to feel guilty for consuming unsavory calories! The lifestyle guru and Chopped judge, 76, shares her healthy, herb-enhanced take on the dish in the newest issue of Us Weekly, out on newsstands now. Spoiler alert: this recipe boasts even more flavor than a traditional version!
Red Wine Vinaigrette Potato Salad
Serves 6 to 8
- 3 lbs unpeeled whole mixed
- new potatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh
- parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped celery leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with 2 inches water and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-high and continue boiling until potatoes are fork-tender, about 9 minutes. Drain, transfer to a bowl and lightly smash. Toss with vinegar, lemon juice and zest and oil; season with salt and pepper. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in onion, parsley, celery leaves and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Serve, or refrigerate in an airtight container up to one day. (Bring to room temperature before serving, about 30 minutes.)