Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services.
Let’s be honest: A lot of clothes are not made for large bust sizes. We see photos of models and think, “Wow, I love that piece!” but when we finally try it on ourselves, it looks completely different. That’s no fault of our own, but it does make building out a fabulous wardrobe you genuinely love pretty difficult at times.
Some dress styles that tend to look especially flattering on bigger-busted people include wrap, fit-and-flare and V-neck dresses. Bodycon dresses are great for showing off your figure, while dresses that are belted in the middle are a fab choice for accentuating an hourglass silhouette. We also like smocked styles since they’re so stretchy at the chest. You might want to avoid anything with an open back or super skinny straps since you won’t be able to wear a supportive bra with them, but a dress with a built-in bra is the way to go in that case!
Ready to see some of our top picks from each dress type? Let’s do it!
13 Flattering Dresses for Larger Busts
1. Our Absolute Favorite: Comfy, beautiful and very highly-reviewed, this OUGES maxi wrap dress is such a perfect summer find!
2. We Also Love: You can always rely on Diane von Furstenberg to have some of the best quality wrap dresses in the world, and this DVF Jeanne Wrap Dress is no exception!
3. We Can’t Forget: Here is another (super affordable) floral stunner from VintageClothing!
4. Our Absolute Favorite: This Verdusa dress has been a favorite of ours for a while now. Parisian ballet vibes, anyone?
5. We Can’t Forget: We seriously love this French Connection dress. The balloon sleeves are adorable!
6. Our Absolute Favorite: This vintage-style GRACE KARIN tea dress is a huge hit with Amazon shoppers for its flattering fit!
7. Our Absolute Favorite: We think this kimono-inspired Angie dress is so cute, and we adore the paisley print!
Built-In Bra Dresses
8. We Can’t Forget: This H HIAMIGOS dress might officially be a nightgown, but with its shelf bra and adjustable straps, we could definitely wear it out — either with a denim jacket and sneakers or an up-do and heels!
9. Our Absolute Favorite: This number one bestselling ruched BTFBM dress had to be on this list, or the list would have been invalid. It’s that good!
10. We Also Love: This superdown Maureen Jersey Dress flatters with a front twist, an upper stomach cutout, ruching and a surplice hem. Now this is how you do bodycon!
11. We Can’t Forget: This tie-dye LAGSHIAN dress is show-stopping, and it comes in over 40 variations!
12. Our Absolute Favorite: This Allegra K dress is so adorable with its puff sleeves, tie and ruffle details!
Sign up for Us Weekly's free, daily newsletter and never miss breaking news or exclusive stories about your favorite celebrities, TV shows and more!
13. We Can’t Forget: We’re always down for some stripes, and this smocked Max Studio dress is certainly our pick!
Browse fashion, beauty and health products. Also, check out our gift guides.
This post is brought to you by Us Weekly’s Shop With Us team. The Shop With Us team aims to highlight products and services our readers might find interesting and useful, such as wedding-guest outfits, purses, plus-size swimsuits, women's sneakers, bridal shapewear, and perfect gift ideas for everyone in your life. Product and service selection, however, is in no way intended to constitute an endorsement by either Us Weekly or of any celebrity mentioned in the post.
The Shop With Us team may receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. In addition, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturer of the products we write about when you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product or service is featured or recommended. Shop With Us operates independently from the advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at ShopWithUs@usmagazine.com. Happy shopping!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!