Bryan Cranston, like several other stars, might be packing his bags if Donald Trump becomes the next president. The Breaking Bad actor, 60, revealed his possible relocation plans during a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter.
“Absolutely. I would definitely move [to Canada]. It’s not real to me that that would happen. I hope to God it won’t,” Cranston said. “It wouldn’t be a vacation. I’d be an expatriate.”
The Power Rangers star added that the GOP presidential candidate’s behavior during the campaign will be remembered long after the election. “There will be books written, movies made,” he said. “I’m telling you, there will be theatrical productions about Donald Trump because of the anomaly that he presented.”
Last November, Cranston revealed during an interview with Politico that he’s in Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton‘s corner. In July, he further opened up about the former secretary of state, 69, at an event in Philadelphia.
“You know, I’m a Democrat, and I’m supporting Hillary and if that means there are people who will not go see my movies because of it, well, so be it — that’s OK,” Cranston, who has portrayed Democratic President Lyndon B. Johnson on film, said via The Daily Mail. “I am willing to take those risks, I don’t want to sit on the sidelines.”
Cranston isn’t alone with his vote — or his his plan to leave the country. Here, Us Weekly has rounded up 10 more celebs who have considered leaving the States if the mogul, 70, becomes commander in chief.
1. Lena Dunham: “I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this, but I really will. … I know a lovely place in Vancouver and I can get my work done from there.” (Matrix Awards in May 2016, via THR)
2. Miley Cyrus: “Honestly f–k this s–t I am moving if this is my president! I don’t say things I don’t mean!” (March 2016, Instagram)
3. Whoopi Goldberg: “When they just use a blanket statement to talk about black people or when they use a blanket statement to talk about white people or women or any other group — I don’t think that’s America. I don’t want it to be America. Maybe it’s time for me to move.” (She later said that she’s staying put.) (January 2016, The View)
4. George Lopez: “If he wins, he won’t have to worry about immigration, we’ll all go back!” (July 2015, via The Chicago Tribune)
5. Cher: “IF HE WERE TO BE ELECTED,IM MOVING TO JUPITER.” (June 2015, Twitter)
6. Keegan-Michael Key: “Jeez, I might leave. It’s like, 10 minutes from Detroit. That’s where I’m from; my mom lives there. It’d make her happy too.” (January 2016, TMZ)
7. Raven-Symoné: “My confession for this election is, if any Republican gets nominated, I’m gonna move to Canada with my entire family. Is that bad? I already have my ticket. I literally bought my ticket, I swear.” (February 2016, The View)
8. Samuel L. Jackson: “If that motherf–ker becomes president I’ll move my black ass to South Africa.” (May 2016, Jimmy Kimmel Live!)
9. Chelsea Handler: “I have a house in Spain that is going to be ready right after the election.” (January 2016, Vanity Fair)
10. Sienna Miller: “I don’t know if I can stay if it goes the wrong way, so I’m really hoping that Hillary comes through.” (October 2016, Fox News)
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!