“Invitations for Harry and Meghan’s wedding are expected to go out the first week of March. Despite reports to the contrary, Sarah Ferguson will be receiving one and attending,” the source explains. “Harry has always intended to invite Sarah to the wedding. He is very close to Eugenie and Beatrice and their mother is just as much family as their father. Harry and Meghan have total control over who goes to the wedding and there was never an issue at the Palace about Sarah being invited. No push back from anyone.”
The couple will wed on May 19 at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle in England.
After her divorce from Prince Andrew in 1996, Ferguson has been left out of multiple royal family events, including Prince William and Duchess Kate’s 2011 nuptials. Ferguson’s daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, however, did attend Will and Kate’s big day with their father. The Duchess of New York, now 58, previously opened up about her royal wedding snub during a 2011 TV interview.
“I was not invited,” Ferguson said at the time. “I chose to go and be in Thailand in a place called Camelia . . . the jungle embraced me.” She added that not getting an invite was hard “because I wanted to be there with my girls … to be getting them dressed and to go as a family.”
As previously reported, Ferguson’s youngest daughter recently announced her own wedding plans. Eugenie, 27, is set to marry fiancé Jack Brooksbank on October 12 at the same location as Harry, 33, and Markle, 36.
A source previously told Us that Markle’s friends — including Serena Williams, Priyanka Chopra, Misha Nonoo, Tanya Burr and Jim Chapman, London chef Tom Sellers, Justin and Sophie Trudeau and various cast and crew members from her USA show Suit — should be in attendance at her wedding. Multiple members of the Middleton family — including Kate’s parents, sister Pippa and brother James — will also score invitations.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!