“If you believe that [she had her baby], you’d believe anything,” the former royal press secretary, 79, said on Today Extra on Monday, April 15. “It’s really a case of keeping the royal rumor mill going — a good story sells a newspaper but, quite frankly, there isn’t any substance to it.”
He added: “We’ll know in due course when the baby is born. Harry and Meghan made it very clear the birth is going to be private. There aren’t going to be any advance notices and they will release any details once they’ve had time to bond with the baby. … The birth will come as they said, in late-April, early May, and we just need to hold our horses until then.”
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very grateful for the goodwill they have received from people throughout the United Kingdom and around the world as they prepare to welcome their baby,” Buckingham Palace wrote in a Thursday, April 11, statement. “Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private. The duke and duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family.”
In February, the Suits alum celebrated their baby’s impending arrival with a New York City baby shower. Serena Williams, Gayle King, Amal Clooney and more famous friends joined Meghan at the star-studded party.
“Baby showers [are] very much an American thing,” Arbiter told Us Weekly exclusively last month. “We don’t do it here in the U.K. It was a bit over the top in terms of expense and the way she got there. … Meghan is American and she does things the American way.”
Another source told Us exclusively, “Meghan is still struggling with the press in London. She was made aware that Kensington Palace and the royal family, that’s not the way they do it with a big, flashy baby shower like the one she had in NYC.”
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!