‘Bachelor’ Fans Start Petition to Have Both Luke Pell and Nick Viall Star in New Season

They won't give up! Bachelor fans launched a petition on Tuesday, August 30, to ask ABC to have two Bachelors this season, and have Luke Pell join Nick Viall in a double search for love.

"Let Luke Pell and Nick Viall both be the new Bachelor and let the 25 women choose who they want. Like Britt [Nilsson] and Kaitlyn [Bristowe] did," wrote Patricia Ambern, who started the petition on Change.org

"There are A LOT of fans from Bachelor Nation who love Luke Pell as well," she continued. "Please consider this request. Thank you from a Luke Pell fan!!"

Luke Pell
Luke Pell Adam Taylor/ABC

As Us Weekly previously reported, a lot of fans were surprised when Viall — who appeared on seasons 10 and 11 of The Bachelorette with Andi Dorfman and Bristowe, as well as season 3 of Bachelor in Paradise — was chosen by producers to star in season 21 of the hit ABC dating show.

While viewers were shocked, so was fan favorite Pell, who had been set to board an L.A.-bound flight on Monday morning to begin filming as the new Bachelor, when producers pulled the plug at the last minute.

"I was checked in to my flight to come to L.A.," the former Marine told Us Weekly exclusively on Thursday, September 1. "I got a call from producers Sunday night at about 10 p.m. They said ABC had decided to quote-unquote go in a different direction. I was supposed to fly out Monday morning at 9 a.m. [for the live announcement on After Paradise]. I had my bags packed and everything. Most dramatic Monday ever!"

The Nashville resident isn't the only prospective Bachelor who has been blindsided by producers. The Bachelorette's Arie Luyendyk Jr. told Us Weekly exclusively on Thursday that a similar thing happened to him. "Same exact deal," he told Us. "Maybe this a common practice now to throw off fans — I don't know."

While Pell says he has "come to accept the decision," Team Luke hasn't given up hope. The petition so far has 160 signatures, but Bachelor executive producer Mike Fleiss teased fans on Thursday, tweeting, "More Official Announcements to come!!! #TheBachelor."

The Bachelor returns to ABC in early 2017.

Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!

Want stories like these delivered straight to your phone? Download the Us Weekly iPhone app now!