So many ups and downs. Just one week after Bruce Jenner was celebrated for his brave interview with Diane Sawyer, the Olympic athlete is facing a new challenge after being named in a wrongful death lawsuit.
According to the Associated Press, Jenner, 65, is being sued by Dana Redmond and William Howe, the stepchildren of a woman named Kim Howe, who was killed in a tragic car crash this past February. Jenner was involved in the multi-car pileup and is specifically named in the papers, which were filed on Friday, May 1.
The AP reports that the suit was filed in Los Angeles, and seeks retribution for suffering "enormous damages" without specifying a dollar amount or punishment. Additional information on the suit from TMZ implies that Jenner was at fault for his involvement, as he is reportedly called "careless and negligent" in the papers, and is said to have been driving over the speed limit.
Us Weekly previously reported that Howe's relatives were planning to file suit, but questions have been raised about the relationship between the pair and the deceased, as some reports claim that the two were estranged from Howe.
The crash took place on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu on Feb. 7, weeks before Jenner confirmed his sit-down with Sawyer. In the talked-about interview he said for the first time publicly that he identifies as a woman and is in the midst of transitioning to female.
Jenner sent his condolences to Howe's family members following the accident, and has been cooperating with authorities in the ongoing investigation of the incident.
"My heartfelt and deepest sympathies go out to the family and loved ones, and to all of those who were involved or injured in this terrible accident," he said in a statement at the time. "It is a devastating tragedy and I cannot pretend to imagine what this family is going through at this time. I am praying for them. I will continue to cooperate in every way possible."
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!