Coroner: Brittany Murphy Died of Accidental Drug Intake, Pneumonia
Actress Brittany Murphy – who was found dead Dec. 20 at the age of 32 – died of pneumonia "exacerbated" by multiple drug intoxication, Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office Chief Investigator Craig Harvey tells UsMagazine.com. Her death has been ruled an accident.
According to a release Thursday from the Los Angeles County Department of Coroner, Murphy also suffered from iron deficiency and anemia.
"She wasn’t the healthiest person in the world," Harvey tells Us.
Though a number of prescription drugs were found in her bedroom, her husband Simon Monjack -- who has denied that Murphy suffered from prescription drug problems or an eating disorder -- has claimed that she was only taking the painkiller Vicoprofen and Fluoxetine, an antidepressant to treat her menstrual cramps.
Harvey told Us that the specific drugs found in Murphy's system "will be contained in the toxicology report when it is released in a couple weeks."
He said that all drugs were "oral medications."